Larger than Life

quarta-feira, 8 de outubro de 2008


“I’m here! She’s there!” were the only words my blurry head could put together while gazing up to the stage. All my energy had been stuck on that little girl in the middle of a black background, just as if I was before the only source of light in the globe. In fact, I was.

All over my life, whenever I got lost and scared in the narrowest and darkest alleys of my dizzy, confused mind, there was this one voice keeping the coldness away and leading me through my path of tears. Those words a person wrote miles away from my tiny corner were the firm ground that allowed me to rebuild myself a thousand times. More than that, they were perhaps the only proof that I was not alone, that somewhere, there was somehow this someone summing my messy sentiments up, getting to me like nothing else could. Out there, I had a friend I’d never met.

How can you thank the moon for shining in your way, when she’s so unreachably distant? Sitting down here in your earthy place, you can proudly stare up at her floating in the skies and let all the feelings of gratitude and admiration invade your soul. Nevertheless, no matter how strong that echo is felt, it’s sadly unable to travel through distance. She can’t see you. She can’t sense your stay. Kinda invisible, aren’t you?

But then it all changed. I had flown to the other corner of the continent to meet the person I’d seen on screens for 10 years. I was standing up there, facing the same voice, the very same breathtaking wisdom that I’d heard and followed for more than half of my life. “If I scream really loud, will she hear me?”. So I screamed my lungs out… and she turned. Could she see me? Her words in the microphone left no doubt – “We also have people from Portugal!”. She still hadn’t finished the last word and tears were already bursting in my eyes. She had noticed me! My echo had got to her after all those years, past all the distant gazes. I could finally make her know that somewhere, in a tiny corner of this small country named Portugal, there’s someone who feels her… deeply… with all their heart.

By standing up there, she could see me. I wasn’t invisible anymore. I didn’t hide, I got out of the shadow and she sensed my stay. I could join her for one day.

3 Echoes:

Anónimo disse...

Very nice, FlyHigh :)

So happy you could see Lene, finally, and that she recognized you from Portugal!

She is so kind. She embraces everyone, our dear Lene.

Anónimo disse...

You're so lucky to have seen and be noticed by Lene Marlin!! I love her, she's my favourite singer infact :D I am so jealous!! Your writing is so creative too, good job :D I love it

Anónimo disse...

This story brings great warmth to my heart

 
99 Pieces - Templates para novo blogger